Sunday, September 21, 2008
Alex's 2nd Birthday
Well... the big 2 has come and gone and we're working towards the 3rd birthday now. It's gone by so fast. It doesn't seem like 2 years has gone by but in a few it won't seem like 5 has gone by either. His actual birthday was pretty quiet. We didn't do much, stayed at home and worked on the birthday cake. Alex helped... or tried to :) We baked the cake and let it cool. Aaron and I didn't give him any presents, we
figured we'd save them for the birthday party on Saturday. We did get a package from Grandpa & Ann in the mail though. Alex had to open it immediatly. It was a cute outfit from Macy's. Alex usually doesn't care much but this time he had to immediatly get down off of his stool and strip so that he could wear his new clothes! He was so funny and loved them a lot. Aaron was asleep cause he's now working a mid shift so he missed out on some of the fun. Later that evening, I was trying to cook some dinner (halibut! YUM!) and the doorbell rang. It was the UPS
man delivering a package from BB & TT. Alex's eyes lit up and I knew right then he wasn't going to eat any dinner, he had more important things to do now. It was a cute little Diego bike. I made the mistake of telling him that "Daddy had to help him" put it together. He then RAN upstairs and woke up Aaron. Boomer had woke him up when the doorbell rang so it wasn't too shocking but he still didn't want to get up. He did though and did the "good dad" thing and put the bike together. However, it's a motorcycle to Alex :) We let him ride it around in the basement and he had a ball all night. He can't quite reach the pedals when they are all the way down but he tries.... Friday we finished the cake and made a last minute run to town, but that's about it.... Saturday the fun began. We didn't have the party till late in the afternoon, 4pm, so there was lots of time to get things done and for
all the kiddos to get hier naps in. Somehow, we invited the same amount of people as we did last year and it didn't seem as crazy. I was really worried there was going to be too many people, flashbacks from last year had me super scared, but it was all ok. The bigger kids went downstairs and ran around like crazy people, and the adults stayed upstairs and ate. There was plenty of food and everyone got full. The cake was a big hit! I was proud of it. Alex scored, to say the least. I think he got more for his birthday than he did at Christmas! It was bad, took FOREVER to open presents, I think people were tired of watching. But by the time that was over, and people started to leave, it was time for bed. I dont think we could have timed it any better. He was pooped and went to bed without any problems. Now we look forward to next year! FUN! ;) Thank you to all that came and to all of the wonderful presents! Everything was great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment